Friday, June 25, 2010

Catching up with the present


Well I guess it is the new thing to do these days to have a blog. Besides the fact that I haven't been in the country for a year and a half, I am completely lost on what I am doing here. Its like I have gone back to middle school for techno. Oh well, it will entertain me when I am bored.
Novidades, pois é. Tô ficando loca aqui neste mundo estranho. Ainda não sei o que fazer com a minha vida, mas quem realmente sabe, né? Basically transitions are so cool. Being back is an interesting experience. As my friend Casey said, it's like I fell asleep for a while and had the greatest dream ever. And for some odd reason I can speak another language. Allot of things happened while I was gone and allot of things changed. When you are out there, this life seems a dream and many times you forget all about it. Then, when you couldn't love life any more, you get thrown back here all of a sudden and once again, you feel like the fist of the mission, a puppet slightly lost in a foreign country.

But its good to see my family again. It's good to have a dryer and hot water come out of the facet. I can go to bed after 10:29 and not feel like a sinner. Music is heaven. It's good to be able to walk to the door and ring the doorbell instead of clap at a gate 20 feet away. There are about 10 temples in 2 hours distance of driving. Oh how I have missed the ice cream!!!! I must say there is nothing that compares to many of the sisters home cooking at our lunches though. So unhealthy and so good. I still can't figure out how I could eat 3 plates of food at lunch a day, and not only walk, but not come home a giant beach ball.
Living in Provo has been a very fun experience. I wasn't quite ready to go sit myself in the past just yet. I find out more and more I love changes. New things. Not being sat for too long. Though I don't think I could ever live here in the fall and winter, the summer is a blast. It's weird having my own room again, but it's kind of nice. Work is just something to keep me productive during my days and it gives me some great tan lines. Soon I will be headed back to USU and going at school for a 2nd time. It has been a long 2-year break and hopefully I have learned a few things to not be relaxed this time. Of the many things I became more grateful for, education was a big one and the chance I have to go. Do I know what I want to study? No. Do I have any idea? No. Does it drive me insane? Yes. Oh well, I go until I know and it's done.
I guess that sums up a little bit for now. Who knows how long I will keep up with this thing. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment